Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, October 26, 2006

Eleven Minutes...

Sex more or less lasts for about 11 minutes…
Is this true?! Not that I’m curious, I just have to have an introduction…

What I have been curious about actually for almost a year now was this book. Now that I have read it, I only have the following to say:

a. That there are three elements in the book which alternately amused and gratified me:

1. the presence of a Filipino character Nyah who was mentioned as the only prostitute that Maria could consider a friend, 2. the Swiss librarian & the library which played an important role in Maria’s life particularly in her education, and 3. Maria’s diary – this diary especially (!).

b. That the book speaks about very personal things, it actually is scary. I had initially believed that I would have finished reading it in one sitting but as it turned out I became quite overwhelmed halfway through that I had to put it down and muster enough courage first before I could again start reading.

c.That I learned. A LOT… even about things that I thought I already knew and understood.

d. It began and ended with the words “Once upon a time….” I pray that everyone get to have their own kind of fairytale too even if this world is already much too cynical for such.

This is not really a review so I will not say if the book is good or not. Opinion is relative anyway. Just read it…if not to learn anything at all, at least to satisfy your curiosity. To do so might turn out to be most worthy of more than eleven minutes of your time.
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.