Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, February 13, 2010

Acts of Faith (Erich Segal)

 

 ****

Sero te amavi, pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova, sero te amavi! Et ecce intus eras... (Too late came I to love you, O Beauty both so ancient and so new! Too late came I to love you - and behold you were within me all the time.) - St. Augustine, Confessions, x-27

"A single word compensates for all the hardships of life, and that is... love." (from the Greek work Coloneus)

I think that what I felt for you was love - whatever earthly love maybe. I know that it was tenderness, a longing to be with you and protect you. (Tim)

I'd like to hear what's happening inside you as well. Write soon.

I only wish my father had been a little less proud because the more I knew, the more I realized how much I still had to learn.

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart" -(Jeremiah 29:13).

Nothing - not all the holy water in the world - could wash away the essence of what we are.

Although they both believed with perfect faith that the Messiah would ultimately appear, they also knew the world they lived in was far too flawed to receive Him.

"If I am not for me, who is?" -(Hillel)

There was no one. So I just sat there motionless as my entire universe ossified into sadness.

O Lord, how long must I serve Thee before I learn the truth of who I really am?

Could God sanctify a marriage consecrated merely by love?

He had served God with all his heart, and yet the hope of Heaven still could not fill the void.

Faith can lift the fallen.

Why is it that even the happiest moments of life inevitably fade with time, but try as you may, you never forget the minutest detail of a catastrophe?

The first action in the service of God is not prayer but commitment. Not sacrifice but giving. Only then can we begin to talk about other kinds of righteousness.

When you pray, do not be like those who pray in public so that they are noticed. Rather, pray privately - and He will answer. (Matthew, Chapter 6)
 
Love has to be earned.   

--- 

In Memoriam: Erich Wolf Segal (June 16, 1937 – January 17, 2010)
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.