Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, April 18, 2010

Starving love away.

Elizabeth Bennett in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, said that of a shallow love, a single sonnet is all it takes to starve it away. I hope so. I have done it for many shallow affections. I hope it works for me again, this time. 

It is wonderful, yet infinitely frustrating how from out of nowhere, someone catches your attention and begin to find a regular space in your everyday thoughts.

I hate serious crushes. They drive me to distraction. They activate all stalking instincts. They are unhealthy to the mind and spirit, and they do not even help me towards a healthier weight. Only Nike running shoes have the power to inspire me that much. 

What to do now?

a. Wait it out. It will pass soon, just like travel sickness.
b. Write a verse. (But I have already written two.) 
c. Read a very long novel. But not about romance. (I have yet to buy a new one. Make that several.)
d. Refrain from seeing him. (No problem. I rarely see him.)
e. Don't think. (Duh?!) 
f.  Pray. (Lord, please freeze my heart or rather, that "feeling" part of my brain.)
g. Sleep. (And resist trying to dream about him!)
h. Exercise. (Yep, it numbs my brain as it accelerates my heart beat rate.)
i. ...be thankful. This is proof your heart is not yet "dead."

kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.