Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, May 02, 2010

No ordinary princess (Pamela Morsi, 1997)

ISBN-13: 978-0380786435
Avon Books (Mm) (June 1997)

Even those who can take care of themselves sometimes need people to take care of them.

If I were to care about someone, the very least that I can offer him is the truth.

A man born lame will never dance with greatness. Just as a child born into a family whose heritage is poverty and ignorance will not easily find the road to prosperity and privilege. But if the man has talent, drive, and interest he might choreograph the ballet. And if the poor child is given encouragement and direction he may ultimately be able to give his parents some of those things that they were not able to give to him.

When I look in my mirror, I see a very ordinary female looking back. But in truth, I do not believe that the mirror tells all. God gave me gifts of energy and leadership. I would be failing in my duty not to use them, and there is a whole world around me that seems to require my constant attention.

Love is all different kinds of things at all different times. We can't never know what it is to someone else.

Sometimes two very different kinds of people can make a pair that's much stronger together than two more alike person could ever be.

People mostly do favor the traditional beauty of garden flowers. But I will always appreciate the special loveliness of a blossom uncultivated.

You love me for what you percieve is the person that I am. The person I am in my heart. I am not insulted by that. I am overjoyed. You see, that's how I love you too. I love you for the man inside you. I don't know him that well, yet. But I know that he is a good man. I can perceive that much. Whatever I learn about him later will never alter that feeling.

I am not and cannot be offended by the truth.

We often don't ask for things that can really change our lives.

The worst place to be pathetic was in front of the person whom you care about the most.

Love, the kind of love that hits you from clear across a room and knocks you for a loop: that's so rare, it's so very rare. This fellow is not at all what you thought he was and your marriage is not at all what you thought it was going to be. But when you meet someone and violins start playing in the back of your head, I don't think a reasonable person should ignore that.

She was not all the kind of woman I'd have chosen for a wife. But when I was with her, I was happy. And when I looked at her and knew that she was mine, I was proud.

Trust is important. Trust is very important, maybe as important as love. But trust can be gained and trust can be earned. Love is either there or it's not. And when it's not, all the trust in the world is empty without it.

-----
Book cover from: Amazon.com
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K5QYYYNVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.