Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, August 22, 2010

Run.


I saw a group of friends set out for a round or two at the acad oval the other day and I could not help but feel envious. It has been some time since my jogging partner and I showed up with our running shoes for an hour long, early evening exercise. I miss it terribly. But ours is a job that seems to sap so much energy lately, even our will power is at ebb, that to think about "jogging" is like asking to avail of sick leave.

But I still would like to run, if only because running clears my mind. It allows very little else for me to think about actually, other than to breathe and to just simultaneously put one foot forward. It also forces me to breathe better. Oxygen revives my blood and makes me feel stronger and my wits sharper for my next successive steps.

Running entertains me. I only have to look around at people, the surrounding landscape, the amazing sunset, the patterns created by the acacia leaves against the sky and I'm already amused. The troubles of the day slowly fades into the background. Life calls, and it beckons me to pay attention because I may be able to see something enlightening too while I am on my way.

It also makes me feel good. Endorphins aside, completing my laps gives me the confidence to face another grueling day at work. If I can survive the run even after feeling like every breathe might just be my last, then the next day will be just as easy to get through, if not easier.

I have actually decided to run again. I figured it is so much better compared to deciding to run away.
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.