Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Windmills of the Gods (Sidney Sheldon, c1987)

Windmills of the Gods, Sidney Sheldon, c1987

  
Its the great ones that we have to try to live up to.

They love to build up heroes so they can knock them down.

Do you know the biggest problem in the world today? There are no more statesmen. Countries are being run by politicians.

I don't give a damn whether I live or die. We're all going to die anyway. It's the when that I'm concerned about.

It's coming face-to-face with death that magnifies the values of the life force.

Making love is the affirmation of nature's continuum.

... I had an identity. I belonged to someone who belonged to me.

Ring Lardner said, "Three out of three are going to die, so shut up and deal." I have to deal. I'm being terribly selfish. I'm behaving badly, as if I'm the only person in the world whop is suffering. God isn't trying to punish me. Life is a cosmic grab bag. At this moment, somewhere in the world, someone is losing a child, skiing down a mountain, having an orgasm, getting a haircut, lying on a bed of pain, singing on a stage, drowning, getting married, starving in a gutter. In the end, aren't we all that same person? An aeon is a thousand million years, and an aeon ago every atom in our bodies was a part of a star. Pay attention to me , God. We are all a part of Your universe, and if we die, part of Your universe dies with us. 

In the end, each of us is alone, but in the meantime, we must all huddle together to give one another comfort and warmth.

Without some kind of God, man is not even very interesting. - T.S. Eliot
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.