Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, December 22, 2012

Born to be here.



I took this snapshot of the night sky a few weeks ago. Lately, such nights have been very rare for me. I have been quite lazy pretending to be busy that I have had no chance to look up long enough to contemplate about my place in the Universe. It was no wonder that I found it easy enough to get lost in routine, at times even dangerously feeling devoid of purpose.

That one night, I just went up our roof and star-gazed. I have done it so many times growing up. I have forgotten how magnificent it feels to just have this sense of smallness, knowing how vast the Universe out there is compared to tiny, tiny me. The feeling is similar to standing barefoot at the beach, gazing at the enormous expanse of sea and sky. Or like lying flat back on a grassy hill waiting to catch sight of Peter Pan flying among giant cumulus clouds. Yet what is different in watching the stars is the awesome "cosmic" oneness. Imagine! I am only this tiny part of the Universe yet my most basic make-up is actually the same as those giant stars....

There used to be this guilt in me whenever I pray for help in achieving something. Part of me had always felt selfish and self-advancing. Things only changed when  I a good Christian friend told me, "Why not? You are a child of God!" Since then, I have looked at the night sky differently. I again feel that closest affinity with the stars, same as I have felt as a child. How amazing that as tiny as I am, I too am made of the same energy as them! As tiny as I am,  I was made to be here! I, too, was made with a purpose just like them! Even grander, I was also made to shine! :D


 
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.