Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Monday, January 15, 2007

The Angel of Galilea (Laura Restrepo, c1999)

Excerpts 

I have always thought life is most vibrant where it is toughest.

...through that world,so familiar to me and at the same time so feard,of those consumed by an anguish they can neither decipher nor share.

Let me forget,for with forgetting comes blindness,and also forgiveness. I am Izrafel and I have lost my memories. Do not encourage me to find them,because the confusion of the past would overwhelm the peace pf the present..."

I feel I am in the remotest corner of heaven,withdrawn into myself,my soul obliterated,my eyes shut tight against the past. I run from myself and from the story of my life,hiding within myself. Thus,silent and far away, I am well. I find peace in the color while. Let me sleep. Let me float. I want only to sail the unnamed waters of forgetfulness.

True science is knowing that you know not.
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.