Copyright 2016 © drafts and brews byBernadette D. Sueno
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Rainbow-catcher


There comes a point in our life when we seem to be running in circles, unable to view life in a clear and simple way. Fear confuses us. Even silence is noisy. And the everyday magic we have come to expect in our lives becomes part of the routine; of the mundane. Still, it could be just life's delaying tactics of sorts so that we would take more time to cultivate awareness in our every day decisions; a way to finally ask the hard questions and not rest until answers are found - "Is this really the life I want?" "Why am I unhappy?" "How do I create more joy out of what I have?"

I have often written about things that makes sense to me years after I have written them. I think this is one of those.

I remain hopeful that this journey will take me not just towards a deeper understanding of myself, but ultimately towards a simpler yet more joyful life where I can share with those around me. I pray for it to be so.

***
As rain pours and blankets everything in mist
within, you feel hushed
like the world is telling you to be still; 
to take your time to be lost
because everywhere is still in chaos
but soon enough, the clouds break
and the sun can't help but shine through
you start looking for rainbows
and become amazed as
second by second, 
something so pure and beautiful
could appear from thin air.

It's about time you understand. 
The same can be done
with your life. 

August Bernadette
kaigachi is a conjugation of the Japanese term "kigaicha" or crazy. It roughly translates as "crazy about something."

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious." - C.Jung

Proudly Pinay!

Proudly Pinay!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker

But you can always share and cite.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.